Welcome to the West Union, Illinois Startup page.

.

NEVER PARK IN A PIVOT TRACK



from AgTalk:

Around 3:30 I get a panic phone call from my new intern:

Intern: Your pivot is running over my car!

Me: Is the pivot still standing?

Intern: What?!?! My Car!!! What do I do?!?!?!

Me: Turn it off. (I hear him running)

Intern: Its off!

Me: Is the pivot still standing?

Intern: What the _____, My car is _______ up.

Me: I don't care about your car, Is the pivot still standing???

Intern: Yes, but, but my car!

Me: I'll be there in 30 minutes

He says he knew he was in the wheel track when he pulled up and thought about moving but was sure he had plenty of time before it got to his car. Ever since this kid started (he's 20), he has wanted to park in the most in the way location possible. After telling him 3 separate times where to park and him refusing to listen, my right hand man accidentally backed into his car causing $1,800 worth of damage. He just got the car back from the shop last week. Smart kid with no common sense majoring in environmental studies. Keep in mind this is a Variable Rate pivot for irrigation research with 125 plots monitored for soil moisture levels with about 1200 man hrs invested this year, so a crash is my biggest fear.